Photo By Evgeni Dinev
Tree Nut Allergies: “An estimated 1.8 million Americans have an allergy to tree nuts. Allergic reactions to tree nuts are among the leading causes of fatal and near-fatal reactions to foods. Tree nuts include, but are not limited to, walnut, almond, hazelnut, coconut, cashew, pistachio, and Brazil nuts. These are not to be confused or grouped together with peanut, which is a legume, or seeds, such as sunflower or sesame. Like those with peanut allergies, most individuals who are diagnosed with an allergy to tree nuts tend to have a lifelong allergy. As you’ll see below, tree nuts can be found as ingredients in many unexpected places.”
In any raw recipes with nuts feel free to substitute any of your favorite seeds.
Nuts can also be easily replaced in many recipes with:
- Any root vegetable
More Nut Allergies Recipe Ideas
As with as cooked recipe you want to convert into a raw recipe you can use a similar formula when replacing the nuts for seeds or more veggies.
Let’s use the Quick Mexi Feeling for raw taco’s recipe.
Originally this recipe includes:
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 tomatoes depending on size
- 2 stalks of corn destalked(optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 onion
- garlic clove
- sea salt to taste
Nut Free alternative:
- 1 cup of soaked pumpkin seeds
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 tomatoes or a handful or sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 large Portobello mushroom or any of your favorite
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 garlic clove
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of cumin powder or chili powder
Pulse chop in a food processor and spoon in the center of a romaine, butternut or collard green leaf.
Thank you so much for the raw pizza recipe. I have been raw for almost 18 months but was having a serious pizza craving. I found this recipe 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying it ever since. It is absolutely the best raw food recipe I have ever made. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Also, I have made crackers with the recipe for the pizza crust.
Replace nuts with seeds or extra veggies and never be nutty again!
Delicious seed ideas….
- Instead of cashews in Dreamy Alfredo use soaked sunflower seeds and tahini (seseme seed butter)
- Instead of young coconuts in Delicious Vegan Custard use soaked Chai seeds
- Tahini in the Raw Cheese in the pizza topping and sunflower seeds in Walnut Parmesan Cheese for the Raw Pizza Recipe
- Replace the nuts in Tomato Jalenpeno Burger with pumpkin seeds
Nut allergies become possibilities of inspiration to create something more amazing and more tasty beyond what others are eating!
Tree Nut Allergy
Nut Free Recipes